How This Site Was Created

I've been looking for a long time for an easy way to publish pictures I've taken with my DSLR. However, it is so time consuming to modify these pictures to a format that is ready for web that I never really got to it. These images were typically 10 to 30 MB files so they would need to be processed before uploading to a website. I had a simple blog that ran on ghost platform. But to upload hundreds of files using their editor was a deterrent.

I've built this website using Hugo static site generator and Expose for processing images and generating image htmls. It's been pretty decent so far. I changed some of the elments from the generated html and set them as a layout for image pages. For regular post like this one, I changed the default single.html and list.html files to use the expose css and js files so they have a consistent look.